This “masterclass” I taught at Moogfest 2016 covers my occult philosophy of loop-based music, drills into some tech specifics for performance, and dallies in some fun experiments with my Boss RC-505 loop station, Kala U-Bass, Keith McMillen K-Board, and Beyerdynamic M88-TG microphone.
Topics covered include:
• How to be your own whole Citadel of Ricks
• Recursion, reiteration, and live looping as the Crucifixion of what is and what could be
• The emergence of order from chaos – inviting randomness into the matrix
• An alchemy of elemental energies in improvised live composition
• Technical considerations and gear suggestions
• Hacking the audience’s attention
• Multichannel live production as the blending of different sonic spaces
• Pedalboard vs. Ableton Live for Looping - opinions
For more direct and personal instruction, I’m available for private lessons over Skype – send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org
) if you’re interested!
Dig into my libraries of looping music – solo and in MIDI-synchronized large groups – at michaelgarfield.bandcamp.com
released September 25, 2017