Improvised and recorded live on acoustic guitar & hardware effects in February 2010.
"A progressive, smart, and experimental journey that will make you view the acoustic guitar in a whole new light. Big ups to MG for doing something accessible, yet entirely original."
- Josh Smith, banjostobeats.com
----- REMIX ALERT! -----
I totally encourage and love remixes. Check out this awesome reinvention of "Ionosphere" by Shadow Attack (aka Jeremy Judkins) of DeepBlip Records:
Send me your remixes and I'll post them here!
----- READ ABOUT IT ------
"A collection of impressive and highly-engaging improvised pieces that leave the listener wanting more after the last note fades into the night."
- Matt Warnock, Guitar International Magazine
interview link: bit.ly/improvinterview
"Melodic but unpredictable...[Garfield's] tracks glide through seamless changes, sometimes climaxing, sometimes spiraling off into quiet grooves or gurgling swamp sounds. The spacey, modern edge brings the simple pluckings and cleverly produced sounds into an envelope in which anything seems possible."
- Pietro Bondi, Lost In Sound
feature link: bit.ly/tbelis
----- WATCH THE VIDEOS -----
"Tunnel Run," a lo-fi hyperspace montage of bridge-crossing footage from my 2010 tour: bit.ly/tunnelrunvideo
"Touring The Body Electric," rendered by computer graphics pioneer Ken Scott with his fantastic new music visualization program, HARMONY: bit.ly/touringvideo
"Sacred Activism," which combines time-lapse live painting footage with "Touring The Body Electric" and narration from my Fall 2010 speaking tour: bit.ly/sacredactivismvideo
----- BUNDLED WITH THIS DOWNLOAD -----
• Poster-sized high resolution album artwork;
• Complete production notes, including my full signal path and details on when and where this album was recorded;
• Links to three of my essays on the co-evolution of human and machine, for anyone interested in the ideas behind this music.